Wednesday 22 September, 2010

Kindle shipment update 2

It has been more than twenty days since I got my shipment and I was still wondering how much I had to end up paying for Customs here in India. I finally decided to call up the DHL office and asked them how much I had to pay. So here is how much my Kindle finally worked out to:

Kindle 3: 6,500
Shipping: 1,000 (it took less than 3 days from dispatch to delivery)
Customs: 2,160
Total: 9,660
The figures above are in approximate INR.

I know this is high (the customs almost killed me) and could have been just below 7,000 had someone got it along for me. But I do not mind paying a premium for getting it two months or more early had I depended on someone else. And anyway it is still much cheaper than any other e-reader available in India. And undoubtedly the best there is.

Posted via email from Aditya's Blog

No comments: