Sunday 14 March, 2010

Celebrity OD!

It is quite known that celebrities help sell stuff all over the world. Well, they are celebrities after all.

Quite a few brands, especially Consumer Durable brands have used a liberal dose of celebrities. However, what has caught my eye of late is LG trying something weird. They have hired Akshay Kumar (who at the same time is also endorsing Micromax mobile phones!) to launch their 3D TVs. At the same time, they have also got John Abraham, Abhay Deol and Genelia D'Souza to endorse the LG Cookie. I don't get the sense in putting all these three celebrities in one single ad of average quality.

The plot of the ad is basically 3 friends who are just fooling around with each other. Firstly, it is quite difficult for me to think of John Abraham, Abhay Deol and Genilia D'Souza as good friends! They are not even in the same league as far as movies are concerned and none of them even do the same genre of movies! I don't really follow the tabloids, but I doubt they are pals in real life as well.

If this is not a case of Celebrity OD then I don't know what is!

Posted via email from Aditya's Blog

No comments: